Workplace bullying is quite a common occurence in Ireland and can be very traumatic if you are the victim. Many workplaces do not yet have proper policies regarding bullying or business owners or directors who are capable of policing the workplace to prevent incidences of this type of behaviour. Indeed there are many stories that emerge where the business owners or directors are the very people who are doing the bullying.
If you are on the receiving end of this type of treatment in your workplace, it can cause you to feel scared, stressed, anxious, depressed and in severe cases, can prompt suicidal thoughts. There is help available and you can improve your self-esteem and coping skills using hypnotherapy.
Bullying And You
So who are the most likely people who could bully you in the workplace?
- fellow employees
- groups of co-workers
Types Of Bullying
There are so many different aspects to bullying. If any of these sound familiar to you, then maybe hypnotherapy is the answer
- Verbal Bulllying – comments about your race, sex, sexuality, family, background, etc
- Bullying By Exclusion – where individuals or groups exclude you from their conversation or activities
- Psychological Bullying – playing mind games
- Intimidation – making you feel less important than others
- Intentionally giving you pointless or impossible tasks
- Physical Bullying – any form of unwanted physical contact
- Sexual Harrassment – inappropriate verbal or physical sexual harassment
How Bullying Can Affect You
Bullying in the workplace can cause quite significant health problems including
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Sleep problems
- Low self-esteem
Alleviating The Negative Symptoms Of Workplace Bullying
Hypnotherapy can help. You can boost your self-confidence and self-esteem, overcome sleep problems, stress headaches, etc., reduce or eliminate anxiety or panic and get back to living a happy life again.
Effective Treatment With Hypnotherapy
For effective treatment for the side effects and symptoms of workplace bullying, call Cork’s leading Clinical Hypnotherapist on 086 2666670 or CLICK HERE to enquire online or to request a free callback today.