Postnatal depression is sometimes confused with the baby blues which is much more common but much more temporary in nature, normally just a couple of weeks duration in contrast with postnatal depression which can last months or even years if untreated.
What Causes Postnatal Depression?
The exact cause is unclear but here are some possibilities
- unsatisfactory birth experience
- change of lifestyle
- change in relationship
- stressful life events
- media images of “perfect mothers”
Symptoms Of Postnatal Depression
Some symptoms can include
- panic attacks
- sleep problems
- lack of concentration
- loss of appetite
- comfort eating
- feeling close to tears
- obsessive behaviours.
What To Do Next
The information supplied here on this website is for information purposes only and should not be used to “self-diagnose”. If you suspect you may be suffering from postnatal depression, your should immediately consult your GP and get appropriate medical treatment. Any form of talking therapy such as hypnotherapy can be extremely effective in getting you back to a happier state of mind in conjunction with treatment from your doctor.
Effective Treatment With Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy can, in a very short timeframe, help to resolve the emotional issues that underpin your postnatal depression and help you to achieve a happier frame of mind. Hypnotherapy can be very effective when used in combination with appropriate medical treatment, and I am happy to work in co-operation with your GP (with your permission, or course).
Alleviate your postnatal depression symptoms – get the help and support of Cork’s leading Clinical Hypnotherapist. Call Paul now on 086 2666670 or CLICK HERE to enquire online or to arrange a free callback
- Weight Control Cork - March 16, 2012
- Hypnosis Cork - March 14, 2012
- Quit Smoking - March 6, 2012
- How To Lose Weight - February 19, 2012
- Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis Cork - February 15, 2012
- Smoking Cessation - February 15, 2012
- Treatment For Anxiety Cork - February 13, 2012
- Counselling Cork - February 13, 2012
- Relationship Problems Cork - January 27, 2012
- Overeating Cork Ireland - November 27, 2011