Overeating Cork Ireland – Many people who overeat are not actually physically hungry but are overeating in order to overcome some emotional need. Overeating can be a way of coping with stress, boredom, low self-esteem, etc. Overeating can also be a method of being in control – even though other things are outside of their control.
The great news is that it is now possible to regain control over your eating patterns and behaviours with gastric band hypnotherapy
Overeating Cork – Triggers
- Feeling deprived
- Dislike of certain parts (or even all) of your body
- Glucose intolerance
- Unhealthy habits
- Low energy
- Needing comfort
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feeling upset or hurt
- Lack of willpower
You may have noticed that many of the above mentioned triggers have nothing to do with the whole concept of food being just fuel. For many people, food provides emotional relief but there are many more satisfying and healthier ways of getting that emotional relief WITHOUT turning to food
Overeating Cork – Link To Addiction
There are new studies that appear to suggest that overeating of fatty foods can cause a physical dependency just like drug addiction. Like many pleasurable behaviors—including sex and drug use—eating can trigger the release of dopamine, a feel-good neurotransmitter in the brain. This internal chemical reward, in turn, increases the likelihood that the associated action will eventually become habitual through positive reinforcement conditioning. In other words, we rapidly get to like the “fix” of those feel-good chemicals and overeating can turn into an addiction very quickly.
Overeating Cork – Overcoming Overeating
In order to overcome overeating, it is important to examine the “root cause” of the problem.
- Did the overeating problem begin in childhood? Were you told to “clean your plate”?
- Was food used as a reward in childhood?
- Were you made to feel guilty for “wasting good food”?
- What emotions are you feeding?
- Why are you feeding those uncomfortable emotions – is it just due to a lack of other alternative behaviours?
- What unhelpful “programming” have you picked up from diets that you may have tried before?
Through the HYPNOBAND programme, we help you to overcome each one of these issues