Depression is just a mental health condition and you can recover from it with the right help. The most important first step is to know what to look for – so here are the eight main symptoms of depression. If you experience five or more of these depression symptoms for a period of longer than two weeks, it would be wise, in the first instance, to speak to your GP.
The eight main depression symptoms are
- Feeling sad, anxious, or bored.
- Feeling tired or exhausted with very low energy levels
- Sleeping problems – difficulty going to sleep, waking in the middle of the night, or having difficulty waking in the morning
- Problems thinking or concentrating
- Loss of interest in hobbies, work, socialising, sex, etc.
- Low self esteem or self worth, and/or feelings of guilt
- Aches and pains that fail to respond to your doctors treatment
- Loss of interest in living, or even thoughts of suicide or death.
Many experts in the field of depression treatment agree that in many cases, the most appropriate approach is a combination of medication (antidepressants, etc) and some form of talking therapy (hypnotherapy,counselling, etc.)
Effective Treatment With Hypnotherapy
If you’d like to find out more about how effective hypnotherapy can be in alleviating your depressions symptoms, contact Cork’s leading Clinical Hypnotherapist – call Paul today on 086 2666670 or CLICK HERE to enquire online now